We are a group of writers that met at the John Hewitt International Summer School in Armagh in July 2019. We created this site to publish new writing in response to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Pendemic is a way for us all to share our experiences, it’s a tool and a refuge, not a literary magazine for ordinary times but a journal for an exceptional one – so all voices will be included: we’re not showcasing literary talent but writing this pandemic out – you are all welcome.
This is a platform to read and write about our daily experiences, to capture or document this crazy moment in time, in whatever form your words take – journal posts, poetry, stories, flash fiction, essays or whatever way they come. Submissions are open to published and unpublished writers. We would encourage you to start journaling your experiences even if you don’t share publicly. Taking time out to write can be therapeutic, an antidote to information and sensory overload during these challenging times. Stay safe, and keep writing.
This site is a work in progress so be patient, we’ll get there!
Pendemic in the media
- An article Niall wrote for the Irish Times, 30/04/2020, about initiatives including Pendemic responding to the crisis, read here.
- Short audio clip of Joy and Liz on BBC Radio Ulster’s The Ticket, 23/04/2020, listen here.
- An article about Pendemic in Joy’s local paper, the Wexford People, 31/03/20, read here.
- An interview with Niall in Extra.ie, 14/05/2020, about Pendemic, read here.
- Short audio clip of Joy being interviewed on RTE Radio 1 Arena along with readings by two contributors, 18/05/2020, listen here.